Friday, April 26, 2013

Third Week

I am almost through the third week of training and things are starting to move smoothly. I am getting used to my class schedule and have gotten a lot of my papers turned in. I still have a couple of projects and a paper or two to finish. This week we saw the movie Black Hawk Down. It was the first time that I had watched it. It is based on a true story and we had a guest speaker, Mike Durant, on Wednesday. Mike was the real pilot who was captured. He gave a very good speech and told about his experiences.

Fitness is going well. I really like my Fitness teacher, he has really taken the time to teach each of us the right way to do things and you can tell he really cares. He still kicks our rear ends every class but he does it with a smile on his face.

I will be traveling home this week end and can't wait to see my girls. Whitney will be graduating high school soon and Courtney will have a birthday in May. It is difficult to believe she will be 20. Britney is enjoying soccer. She had TCAP tests this week and Ken made her bacon and eggs every morning. She is convinced that is the only way she can do good on the tests. I miss them all.

Tonight will be another girls night out here at the NA. Since there are so few of us, we try to get together and go to dinner about once a week. Last week we went to a nice pizza place.





No comments:

Post a Comment