Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fifth week

Everyone says that around the fifth week things start moving fast. As slow as things went the first two weeks, I really found that hard to believe. The fact is that it is now the beginning of the seventh week and I have been so busy that I am way behind with my updates.  During the fifth week we had a very interesting speaker, General Henry Hugh Shelton. He was one of the best so far.  

Our PT challenge during week five was a 5k run around the FBI Academy campus.  I was happy with my time, 35:27.  I know that is a little slow but it was my best time so far.  I did beat that time, however on that following Saturday when a group of us signed up and ran the National Police Week 5K in Washington DC. My time in that run was 34:07. It was awesome. We started at the Police Officer's Memorial and ran through the streets of DC. We ran in front of the Capital Building and it was a very fun event. 

This is a photo of the NA team:

This is a photo of me and my room mate prior to the run, she ran off and left me during the race by the way!  She is very fast.

This me right after the race. I had a lot of fun and would love to take my daughter, Whitney up there next year to run it again! She wanted to be there so bad! She is my running buddy and I missed her!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing the run. Our session was fortunate enough to be in Quantico during the 10th anniversary of 9-11 and a bunch of us participated in the 10th Anniversary Run and we were proud to be a part of it. Halfway point and next thing you know, you will be walking the stage to Director Mueller to accept your diploma. Enjoy the rest of the journey and build those friendships and future resources. Stay safe and Aloha.

    ReplyDelete